Sunday 24 July 2011

Darn it

Turned out there was a slight problem with the interior file I created for submission to CreateSpace; the size of the interior file didn't match the book size I'd created. So I gave up, deleted it, and now am just waiting for the Kindle eBook to finish publishing so I can start linking it around the place. I might also go on a hunt for other free eBook publishers so I can market my books in as many places as possible (fingers crossed!). One day, I'll go for the printed option when I can get enough money together. It might take a while, but if I can make enough eBook sales, I should be able to start marketing my books in print form as well. I'm not sure, though; with the popularity of eReades, smartphones, etc, would it even be worth publishing in print form one day? I mean, I love printed books as much as the next person, but is print going the way of the dinosaur? I'd like to hope not, but modern technology is really coming along at a fast clip, and eBooks seem to be the rage these days. For example; I was in Borders (defunct and now closed book chain here in Australia, woe :( ) one day, and I was very temped to get a Kobo eReader. I may still do so, because eBooks are really taking off.

Ah well. I won't give up on the printed word just yet, even if carrying a book or two around in my backpack (especially a big book, like Lord of the Rings, for example), can be a bit hard on the old shoulders!

No comments:

Post a Comment